Lewis Rose – About
Lewis Rose is an experienced, strategic and entrepreneurial Board Director and Chief Executive Officer of private and publicly-traded global enterprises, having led the successful Strategic Transformations of businesses in transition for:
– large, entrenched businesses in declining industries (through strategic refocus and re-energizing employee engagement ), as well as
– fast-growing entrepreneurial companies (through rapid scaling up of talent and operations).
The result: achieved significant increases in market capitalization of companies ranging from under $100 million in revenue and hundreds of employees, to companies with over $3 billion in revenue and 20,000 employees.
He is experienced in software development/technology, consumer packaged goods, food manufacturing and distribution, financial services, agriculture, and media and entertainment industries.
A strategic and analytical leader, adept at combining strategic leadership, operational efficiency and financial management, with a track record of growing shareholder value and rapid turn-around results through his core areas of expertise:
– swift and effective business evaluation,
– redefined corporate strategies,
– aligned stakeholder commitment and improved employee engagement.
Lewis has achieved sustainable growth in sales through innovation in both declining and expanding industries, and has built world class management teams.
Lewis has a proven track record :
– in the technology industry where a culture of innovation is key;
– in regulated industries where corporate governance, risk management and disciplined investment are critical; and
– in capital intensive industries where low cost and sustainable operations are essential for profitable growth.
He also understands capital markets and investment banking, having led over 25 domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, jv’s, financings and international IPO and worked in Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Treasury and Operations management at CIBC Wood Gundy for 4 years
With strong background in strategy, finance, and operations and a CPA,CA, Lewis has the experience and willingness to Chair Committees of the Board. He also holds the ICD.D designation and his prior Board experience spans multiple industries.
Lewis is a proponent of world class management teams and innovation as differentiators to power growth in declining or expanding industries. He is a thought leader on effective Executive Management , Corporate Governance and Leadership , both in writing “When to fire your CEO: CP Rail’s five lessons for Boards of Directors” and “CAPTURING PIXIE DUST… SUSTAINING a WINNING CULTURE in sport and business” as well as on television “Careers and Hiring” ( Toronto Speaks-Careers and Hiring )
Mr. Rose plays soccer, coached amateur soccer and rugby, and volunteers with several Canadian and international charitable organizations.